(Slide deck includes notes and questions to elicit discourse)
Type of Graph: line graph
Source: Tide-Forecast.com, “Tide Times for Puerto Penasco (Sonora, Mexico).” Accessed on April 20, 2022.
Additional Paired Texted/Resources:
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, “What Causes Tides?” NOAA SciJinks, accessed on April 21, 2022.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration, “Tides | Moon in Motion.” NASA Science, accessed on April 21, 2022.
- Javalab Simulation, https://javalab.org/en/tides_en/
(This simulation models tides and matches what you see in the slow reveal graph)
- MinutePhysics, “The Tides Explained in ten seconds.” https://youtu.be/mVJEi-PkkaY
- MinutePhysics, “The Tides.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gftT3wHJGtg
Potential Math Content: line graph, area under the line, scale along the y-axis, noticing trends, difference between minimum and maximum, parabolic waves
Potential Content Connections: oceans, tides, geography, phases of the moon