So! You’d like to learn about Slow Reveal Graphs by seeing it in action — in videos!
The 3-Minute Introduction
Interviews & Web Shows
- Math Teacher Lounge (with Dan Meyer & Bethany Lockhart Johnson) Season 1, Episode 3, “The Power of Data” Jenna visited Dan and Bethany in Amplify’s Math Teacher Lounge to play with a slow reveal graph about animals.
- The Math Together Show: How can we empower students to become data literate citizens? March 31, 2021 (Sponsored by Exemplars) Jenna spoke about social justice, bias within data, and how slow reveal graphs can support data literacy, with Heidi, Molly, and Sue from Looney Math.
Typically, slow reveal graphs are created on a slide deck (e.g. Google slides, Powerpoint, Keynote). In these webinars, David Poras demonstrates ways to create and facilitate slow reveal graphs using Mathigon’s Polypad tool.
- Mathigon Webinars: “Exploring Data Science on Polypad.” (March 23, 2022)
Facilitated by David Poras (@david_poras), Mathigon’s Head of Content
- Mathigon Webinars: “Back to School with Mathigon: Secondary.” (August 25, 2021) Facilitated by David Poras
- Mathigon Webinars: “Reducing Student Anxiety through Graphing and Data” (April 13, 2022)
Facilitated by Desiree Y. Harrison
Pushing the Edge with Greg Curran
Episode 54: Why is the Maths Teacher Here for Social Studies with Jenna Laib
In Episode 54, how can we challenge Eurocentrism in the maths classroom and value Indigenous knowledge? Plus, how can we use graphs to explore social justice issues, and cultivate mathematical thinking with all our students.