What is this Slow Reveal Graph routine all about?
If you like to watch videos:
- The 3-Minute Introduction from Jenna Laib
- Math Teacher Lounge (with Dan Meyer & Bethany Lockhart Johnson)
Episode 3, “The Power of Data”
Jenna visited Dan and Bethany in Amplify’s Math Teacher Lounge to play with a slow reveal graph about animals.
- The Math Together Show: How can we empower students to become data literate citizens?
March 31, 2021
From Looney Math, Sponsored by Exemplars
If you prefer to read:
- Theresa Wills’ included a section about slow reveal graphs in her book Teaching Math at a Distance, Grades K-12: A Practical Guide to Rich Remote Instruction (Corwin, 2020).
- Chris Hunter wrote an article about Slow Reveal Graphs for Vector, the math journal for BCAMT (British Columbia Association of Math Teachers).
- Introductory blog posts:
- Jenna Laib, “Why is the math teacher here for social studies class?“
- Chris Hunter, “New York Times: What’s Going On In This Graph?“