How do we navigate SlowRevealGraphs.com?
Watch Dan Meyer, Bethany Lockhart Johnson, and guest Jenna Laib engage in a slow reveal graph on Season 1, Episode 3 of Amplify’s Math Teacher Lounge.
Dan then modeled the technique with an 8th grade class in episode 5.
What are slow reveal graphs? (The 3 Minute Version!)
Blog Post Primer
- Theresa Wills’ included a section about slow reveal graphs in her book Teaching Math at a Distance, Grades K-12: A Practical Guide to Rich Remote Instruction (Corwin, 2020).
- Chris Hunter wrote an article about Slow Reveal Graphs for Vector, the math journal for BCAMT (British Columbia Association of Math Teachers).
- Introductory blog posts:
- Brian Bushart, “Trick or Treat!“
- Brian Bushart, “The Slow Reveal“
- Ben Orlin, “What Graphs Reveal (If You Give Them Time)“
- Jenna Laib, “Why is the math teacher here for social studies class?“
- Jenna Laib, “Notice, Feel, Wonder, and Act: How Can Data Inspire Us to Help?“*
- Jenna Laib, “Using Video to Reflect on Practice, Student Agency, and Identity“*
- Chris Hunter, “New York Times: What’s Going On In This Graph?“
*includes video clips of students in action