an instructional routine to promote sensemaking about data
Enjoy the conference!
Video about Navigating this website
How do we navigate SlowRevealGraphs.com?
Math Teacher Lounge
Watch Dan Meyer, Bethany Lockhart Johnson, and guest Jenna Laib engage in a slow reveal graph on Season 1, Episode 3 of Amplify’s Math Teacher Lounge.
Dan then modeled the technique with an 8th grade class in episode 5.
3 Minute Overview
What are slow reveal graphs? (The 3 Minute Version!)
Play with More Slow Reveal Graphs
- Chris Hunter wrote an article about Slow Reveal Graphs for Vector, the math journal for BCAMT (British Columbia Association of Math Teachers).
- Three professors at Grand Valley State University (Kristen Taurence, Tamara Shreiner, and Bradford Dykes) wrote an article about Slow Reveal Graphs in history classes for Statistics Teacher (23 March 2022).
- Introductory blog posts:
- Brian Bushart, “Trick or Treat!“
- Brian Bushart, “The Slow Reveal“
- Ben Orlin, “What Graphs Reveal (If You Give Them Time)“
- Jenna Laib, “Why is the math teacher here for social studies class?“
- Jenna Laib, “Notice, Feel, Wonder, and Act: How Can Data Inspire Us to Help?“*
- Jenna Laib, “Using Video to Reflect on Practice, Student Agency, and Identity“*
- Chris Hunter, “New York Times: What’s Going On In This Graph?” *includes video clips of students in action